Monday, May 14, 2012

I am an Educator

During NHS professional development last week, Ms. Breaux showed us the "I Am" poem. It is a great way to get to know students as well as for students to get to know you during the first few days of school. This is the one I wrote.

 I am an Educator

I am an educator.
I wonder if my students will know that I care.
I hear promise in my students' conversations.
I see potential in every child.
I want all my students to find success.
I am an educator.

I pretend that I don't see all the negatives and put-downs.
I feel happiness with every milestone reached, no matter how small.
I touch the lives of students, faculty, and the community.
I worry my students will find more discouragement than encouragement.
I cry when they tell me people call them stupid.
I am an educator.

I understand that it takes special effort to reach every student.
I say that it is possible to reach every student.
I dream to reach every student.
I try to find the positive in every child, and for them to find it too.
I hope to instill a positive attitude, knowledge, and wisdom in every student.
I am an educator.

1 comment: